Occasional disputes are an unfortunate feature of being in business. We understand that it is not always in a client's best interest to enter full blown litigation and we try to work with both sides to reach a solution.
That said, if no acceptable alternative resolution can be found, we fight our client's corner vigorously and often find that our deep understanding of NHS regulations and our extensive network of other experts (such as specialist accountants and surveyors) allows us to outmanoeuvre the opposing side, who often lack this broader industry understanding. This undoubtedly contributes to our enviable track record of success in employment tribunals, arbitrations, NHS Resolution and court hearings.
Recent work includes:
- Partnership disputes - often highly complex and frequently become very personal. We seek to ensure that disputes are settled in a way which protects patient care and minimises cost
- CQC disputes - vigorously contesting inspection reports, and appealing against CQC enforcement actions including special measures
- Contractual disputes – contesting termination, variation and other disputes through NHS Resolution
- Employment disputes – advice on unfair and constructive dismissal, discrimination and equal opportunities, bullying and harassment, discipline and grievance, defending ET claims, as well as bringing and defending discrimination claims between partners
- Surgery disputes - contesting surgery valuations both between partners and with NHS England for the purposes of calculating rent reimbursement